My friend Dr. Germán Rogés gave me this collection of etudes by Cuban pianist Ernán López-Nussa. They were composed for twenty of his piano students, each etude being targeted for a specific student. That said, they are useful to any piano player interested in exploring the Cuban style. I’m fairly certain that all of these etudes were recorded by the composer.
If you’re wondering about copyright, there is none, because López-Nussa placed all of these works in the public domain.
Each coloured link points you to a PDF of the piano score of the audio file immediately below it. Some of the titles, which are in Spanish and French, are followed by my clumsy translations into English.
Feel free to download any of these recordings and scores.
01. Al paso de Adán (No recording available)
02. Angeles de paso
03. Invierno en La Habana (1) – Winter in Havana
04. Locos y loqueros
05. La Voisine – The neighbour
06. Lobo’s cha (no recording available)
07. Voile de Mariee – Bridal Veil
08. Invierno en La Habana (2) – Winter in Havana
09. Zontime Nº3
10. Puesto y convidado (ZT 1)
11. La viña del señor – The lord’s vineyard.(ZT 2)
12. Renoir y Nana
13. Volver a Cuba – Return to Cuba
14. Danza de los inocentes – Dance of the innocents
15. Niña con violin – Girl with a violin
16. Reencuentro – Reunion
18 Carta Anais – Letter to Anais
19. Bruma en otoño – In the autumn mist
20. Momo – Funny Face
21. Clave (Bonus score, but no recording available)